September 8, 2019
Eastern Market, Shed 5
Join us for our second Community Feast where everyone is welcome. Enjoy one or more of our vegan, vegetarian and meat dishes while you learn easy ways to waste less food at home. Stop by or stay for the day!
Sign up to secure your free ticket by registering here.
What to See and Do:
- Check out the main stage–Chef competitions, Detroit Food Policy Council’s 5th Annual Food Power Awards, and visiting James Beard Chefs Hari Pulapaka and Jennifer Hill Booker
- Sample dishes made from top-quality food that would have otherwise gone to waste, made by some of Detroit’s best chefs
- Meet people who are working to bring extra food to people who need it
- Learn how much money you can save with simple tips and tricks in your kitchen
- Join hands-on composting and gardening activities
- Tour Keep Growing Detroit’s urban farm
- Bring a box of pasta or can of beans for the FOOD DRIVE and be entered to win a raffle prize!
Interested in volunteering the day of the event? Sign up here!
- 12:00pm–Cooking Competition featuring aspiring chefs from Dorsey Culinary School, Rising Stars Academy and Detroit Public Schools
- 1:00pm–James Beard Chefs Action Network Chefs Hari Pulapaka and Jennifer Hill Booker discuss their roles in the wasted food movement
- 2:00pm–Mindful Eating for the Beloved Community
- 3:00pm–Detroit Food Policy Council’s 5th Annual Food Power Awards
A very special thanks to our sponsors who allow us to offer this event for free!
Cherry Capital Foods
Eastern Market Partnership
Marx Layne & Company